How the city of Atlanta can pay for your damages caused by Potholes!
Updated: Aug 20, 2019
As seen on the ' WSB-TV2 ' , if your car has been damaged to the point of repair via mechanic, if documented properly you can be reimbursed for the cost of!
Here's how! :
" ATLANTA - A Channel 2 investigation found consumers often wait months to hear back, and the City of Atlanta paid less than a quarter of pothole-related claims between May 2018 and May 2019.
We put together tips from personal injury attorney Christopher Simon to help your claim's chances of getting approved. These rules also apply to bikes, pedestrians and scooters hitting broken sidewalks and missing grates.
1. Stop in a safe area nearby, out of traffic, and call to get a police report.
2. Safely photograph the pothole and the damage, showing how they fit together.
3. Bundle receipts for repair work done. Don't overreach.
4. Make sure the street is a City of Atlanta road, not a state route. State routes are
maintained by the Georgia Department of Transportation.
5. Research whether this pothole has already been reported to get an idea on how long it
has been there. The longer it was there, the more likely the City Council is to vote in your favor. The fresher it is, the more unlikely, since they have not had time to fix it.
6. Bundle the materials together in clear, business-only fashion without anger or emotion. Logically explain why the city could have prevented it, how long it had been there and why your bill is reasonable.
7. If there is enough damage or injury to warrant filing a lawsuit if the claim is denied, get a lawyer involved to make sure your original claim fills all the legal requirements. This has to be done within six months of hitting the pothole. "
Want the original link? Click here
If you're looking for some... interesting ways to have the city act a little more quickly (from the looks of things) , some people take matters into their own hands. Take a read here!
Thank you for taking the time to read our first official blog post! We here at Aaron's automotive are very excited to bring you all posts as frequently as we can get them out! We all appreciate the time taken to stop by this, and we'll see you on the next one!